“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my brimming cup runs over.” (Psalm 23:5)
God has prepared a table laden with blessings and benefits for all His children. Those who come to Him through His Son Jesus Christ. It is a table prepared in the presence of the enemy of our soul: Satan.
The blessings on this table are everything that Jesus paid for on that Cross. Isaiah 53:4-5 shows us:
- He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses)
- He has carried our sorrows and pains
- He was wounded for our transgressions
- He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities
- He was chastised to obtain our peace and well-being
- His stripes (of the whip) that wounded Him bought our healing and made us whole.
- He became a curse for us because the Bible says “cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree.”
When we come to the Lord’s table, we need to come in the middle of our struggle; in the middle of our sin; in the middle of our sickness because at this table there is victory in every situation. Beloved if you are in a sinful situation that you don’t know how to get out of, don’t stay away from this table. Run to Him and He will bring you out of it. His Blood is powerful enough to wash away ever stain of sin and make you white as snow.