“Blessed (happy, to be envied, and spiritually prosperous–with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of their outward conditions are:
* The Poor in spirit (the humble, who rate themselves insignificant)
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!
* Those who mourn, for they shall be comforted!
* The meek (the mild, patient, long-suffering), for they shall inherit
* Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (uprightness and
right standing with God), for they shall be completely satisfied!
* The merciful, for they shall obtain mercy!
* The pure in heart, for they shall see God!
* The makers and maintainers of peace, for they shall be called the
sons of God!
* Those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake (for being
and doing right), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!
* Are you when people revile you and persecute you and say all
kinds of evil things against you falsely on My account!
“Let your light so shine before me that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify your Father Who is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:3-16)
To be blessed of God is way more than just a word said in passing. God’s blessing on our lives brings happiness and spiritual prosperity! We are to be envied full of life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation. And we are able, because of His blessings to do these things regardless of what our circumstances are.
It is through difficulties that God is able to turn our “lights” up for all the world to see Him in us! What an awesome privilege to be used of God like that! When we pursue the traits that Jesus spoke about on the Mount of the Beatitudes, our light gets brighter and brighter as the world gets darker and darker. Let it shine!